Monday 27 October 2008

Bought a book

I bought a book, not unusual you might think, but I don't do books normally, don't buy them, don't read them (unless it's a computer book occasionally). So, the book had to be special for me to buy it....

What was it? It was The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. What is it about? Well - Randy was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer a year ago and he gave a "last lecture" at his university - this was his last words to the world. I say was, because Randy died on the 25th July 2008. I thought the lecture was great and when I found out there was a book, I had to see if it was equally as good - I'm only a few pages in, but so far so good....

If you want to see the lecture, it's here on youtube - it's quite long, so prepare yourself!



So,you're probably asking, what the hell does this have to do with Canada? Well, in a way, I guess I achieved in a close enough way one of my childhood dreams like Randy, as I always wanted to live in America, Canada being in North America and us living 5 mins from the border, I'll let myself have that one... Watch the lecture above and you'll see how this makes sense....

No comments: