Wednesday 22 October 2008

The boxes are here and so is a little visitor!!

Well our boxes finally arrived today of the few personal belongings that we did decide to ship. I was quite surprised actually, as I didnt think they would get here so quickly. We haven't yet unpacked any of them, apart from Isaac's box which is full of his toys. It was hilarious to see his little face when we opened it. I have never seened a child so excited. He already has lots of new toys which we bought him when we got here, but I think it was the familiarity of his ones from home. He was squealing with joy. It was so cute.






The boxes will have to go into the basement for now, as most of the stuff has nowhere to go. However our Ikea bedroom stuff arives tomorrow, it will be great to finally sleep on a proper bed and not an inflatable uncomfortable one.

Also, I had a pleasant surprise when we got back from the mall today, I was quite excited. Just as we pulled up onto the drive, I saw a little bird on the side of the house, and once my eyes adjusted to what it was. I realised it was a little Downy Woodpecker. He or she wasn't scared of us at all, and stayed there for quite a while, before flying onto my bird feeder in the garden. So I quickly rushed indoors and grabbed my camera, just managing to catch a couple of shots of it before it flew off.






Oh and I forgot to add, we went back to try and get my OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) card yesterday, with the correct documentation because of all the hassle last time and can you believe the woman we saw the second time round said she had no idea why this other woman wouldn't do mine, as the documentation we had was fine and she even apologised for the inconvenience caused. Not that it was her fault. I was so annoyed that this first woman had been so unhelpful and picky. Oh well at least I have it now.

No comments: